Very frustrating O2 can’t verify me

QinesiQ 16:00 21 Apr 08

Unfortunately, a relative of mine lost her mobile SIM card. I bought & finance the topping up of her a/c. I contacted O2 who sympathised and said they would send a new card and transfer her number and minimal credit to a new SIM. Great I thought and provided the requested security information. They later contacted me to say that as their records did not go back far enough they could not verify the security info I had provided and therefore could not transfer old details to new SIM. What use is this? To ask for security details you don’t keep – marvellous! They don’t have records of any calls – or, well, basically anything it seems – what was the point of this frustrating exercise? As the mobile is unlocked having the old details transferred to a new SIM was an incentive to remain with O2. Frustrating.

tullie 16:44 21 Apr 08

Bit odd to me,ive been with them for years,they still have my details.

QinesiQ 19:34 21 Apr 08

I sent another email to O2 today. I was rather brusque as you can see:
Dear Sirs

I had expected a reply to my e-mail of 17 April 2008.

The mobile telephone is unlocked and the incentive for remaining on the O2 network was to have the details from the lost SIM transferred to a new one.

I remind you that I have fully complied with your security information request.

As a matter of interest I have posted my experience on well-viewed computer forum and it would appear that you can keep track of other customers details but not mine.

Should you feel that you wish to retain my custom and you are in a position to properly assist me please respond. It might be nice to put a happy end to my experience on the forum.

Regards
Dr xxx

In response O2 have just telephoned and have now very kindly transferred the details of the lost SIM to a new one which was sent free of charge. I am posting back here so you can see that not only have O2 resolved this matter to great satisfaction they have done so very quickly.

I have emailed O2 to thank them for their assistance and I have apologised for the terseness of my email.

I feel that O2 have genuinely listened to and understood my concerns and they have been most willing to work with me to find a solution.

I have sent O2 a link to this thread and provided them with the opportunity to amend anything which they feel is not representative of the facts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…