Vendors continousing responsibility extending beyond the 1 year

SparkyJack 20:38 PM 17 Sep 12

In an other topic I have been helping a friend with a computer that seems to have a fault - which has been returned to vendor and the machine returned with seemingly a continuing issie- and this gas been happening over a period of 3 years - before he turned to me.

The machine machine runs normally in all aspect except when composing an E mail it simply shuts down.

Searching various forums it seems it is a known problem with a batch of this particular model Acer Aspire 7736 Z

If this proves to be accurate - what recourse is there now after 3 years.

I seem to recall a similar issue where it was established that in consumer law the vendor is responsible for items for longer than the noramal warranty period . Six years seems to ring a bell. Any thoughts please?

TopCat® 21:03 PM 17 Sep 12

Have a look here for some consumer rights. No mention of six years cover here but over two is mentioned. TC. faulty goods

morddwyd 08:35 AM 18 Sep 12

I thought that if you could prove that the fault was there from new then liability is unlimited by time.

Do doubt the FE will give the definitive answer.

woodchip 18:26 PM 18 Sep 12

You can get help if it's a hardware fault. Not if it's Software

rdave13 21:39 PM 18 Sep 12

Shutting down when compiling, and sending, an email makes me think of security software being the culprit, especially if the M/C has a security suit.

SparkyJack 07:14 AM 19 Sep 12

Rdave That's an interesting thought Would the composing 'live' cause this as opposed to general 'browsng'?

Ihave also suggested to the owner to compose offline in a text editor then simply Cut and paste.

Forum Editor 07:24 AM 19 Sep 12

This is going to be a software fault of some kind. What email software is involved?

SparkyJack 09:32 AM 06 Oct 12

Thank you for responses so far0 seeing this individual is spasmodic at the gym

As far as I can tell the Email is Web - Hotmail Which makes it the more weird, He can surf and download and send on stuff- all day.

But as soon as the Keyboard is used to compose - the machine shuts down.

HondaMan 19:29 PM 06 Oct 12

Try using a different email client, Incredimail or something else like that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…