Vendors continousing responsibility extending beyond the 1 year

SparkyJack 17 Sep 12

In an other topic I have been helping a friend with a computer that seems to have a fault - which has been returned to vendor and the machine returned with seemingly a continuing issie- and this gas been happening over a period of 3 years - before he turned to me.

The machine machine runs normally in all aspect except when composing an E mail it simply shuts down.

Searching various forums it seems it is a known problem with a batch of this particular model Acer Aspire 7736 Z

If this proves to be accurate - what recourse is there now after 3 years.

I seem to recall a similar issue where it was established that in consumer law the vendor is responsible for items for longer than the noramal warranty period . Six years seems to ring a bell. Any thoughts please?

TopCat® 17 Sep 12

Have a look here for some consumer rights. No mention of six years cover here but over two is mentioned. TC. faulty goods

morddwyd 18 Sep 12

I thought that if you could prove that the fault was there from new then liability is unlimited by time.

Do doubt the FE will give the definitive answer.

woodchip 18 Sep 12

You can get help if it's a hardware fault. Not if it's Software

rdave13 18 Sep 12

Shutting down when compiling, and sending, an email makes me think of security software being the culprit, especially if the M/C has a security suit.

SparkyJack 19 Sep 12

Rdave That's an interesting thought Would the composing 'live' cause this as opposed to general 'browsng'?

Ihave also suggested to the owner to compose offline in a text editor then simply Cut and paste.

Forum Editor 19 Sep 12

This is going to be a software fault of some kind. What email software is involved?

SparkyJack 06 Oct 12

Thank you for responses so far0 seeing this individual is spasmodic at the gym

FE

As far as I can tell the Email is Web - Hotmail Which makes it the more weird, He can surf and download and send on stuff- all day.

But as soon as the Keyboard is used to compose - the machine shuts down.

HondaMan 06 Oct 12

Try using a different email client, Incredimail or something else like that.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message