VCOM System Suite 5 and Recovery Commander

bathjobby 16:21 07 Nov 04

Just purchased the above (PC world, don't ask price) only because box said Free Inside - Recovery Commander, and thats what I need to try and recover data from a non bootable disk that suddenly went that way. Expected to find product disk for Recovery Commander inside only to find it is an ISO image on the SS5 CD and has to be burnt to CD (bootable) by me. Have no experience of ISO images but it is a menu option from SS5 to burn CD so thought would work ok. Nothing happens when selected and SS5 instructs me to 'associate' my (own) CD burning software (what a cheek VCOM) with the file type ISO. Done this and when option is selected access light for CD and disk alternate so thought it was reading the ISO image. But it stayed this way for the 12 hours I left it running overnight. Still same in morning, no sign of lights stopping or being requested to insert a CD-R. Waiting for a response from VCOM, but anyone else experienced this or can offer any advice on ISO images e.g. how I could use it to make this bootable CD manually ?

TomJerry 19:00 07 Nov 04

What bruning software you use? If it is Nero or Roxio, just select "Burn Images" and load the image and burn stright away.

If you do not have of those, just download "nero" trial verion (fully work 30 days) from click here

TomJerry 19:02 07 Nov 04

Get a trial version if "UltraIso (2.2Mb download)" click here.

It will do the job.

bathjobby 11:19 10 Nov 04

Thanks TomJerry,
Didn't use your suggestion in the end but you put me on the right track and I appreciate your quick response. Used burn4free in the end and it worked a dream.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…