Vantage Computers - *** WARNING ***

Colin396 09:50 25 Jan 07

I ordered a custom PC from Vantage on 9th Oct 2006 and was advised tht delivery would be, up to 10 days. They immediately deducted £1,897.82 from my credit card.

After 3 weeks of lame excuses for non delivery, I cancelled my order on 6th November 2006, by telephone and in writing.

I was advised by Rachel Swindale (Customer Services Manager) that they only process refunds on the 14th and 28th of each month, therefore I would receive my refund a few days after 'one of these dates'.

Both dates passed and still no refund. Every time I called Vantage I was told that my refund was being processed - It wasn't.

On 1st December 2006 I received an email from Rachel Swinburn stating that my refund was already done and if not it would be soon !!

If I asked them to check with their accounts department they would not allow me to talk to anyone from accounts but, would tell me they would call me back - they never did.

It is now 24th January 2007 and Vantage still have my money.

In short, Vantage Computers are ilegally hoilding £1,897.82 of my money which I am now paying my credit card company interest on.

DEAL WITH VANTAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Diodorus Siculus 09:57 25 Jan 07

Time to speak to your credit card company - they have equal responsibility.

Colin396 10:06 25 Jan 07

I have contacted my credit card company, Trading Standards and Kent Police. My case has been taken up by The Judge, Sunday Mail. I will also, if neccesary, proceed with legal action for the amount plus all costs.

Vantage Computers advertise that they are a member of "The PC Association" - The association attempted to comunicate with Vantage Comuters, on my behalf but, received no reply and have now discontinued their association with Vantage.

Stuartli 12:42 25 Jan 07
  Slim Shady 15:06 25 Jan 07

Read this...
click here

Colin396 16:32 25 Jan 07

Thank's for the links Stuarti & Slim Shady

It's high time companies like Vantage Computers were given the boot.

I finally got my excellent custom games machine from click here
this company really know how to build a PC - ON TIME and their customer care people are first class. Refund for slight downgrade took place withing 24hrs - FIVE STAR IN EVERY WAY

Diodorus Siculus 23:06 25 Jan 07

Colin396 - that's a good company.

As I see it, most companies do well when they are small; then the start to get awards for decent machines, the orders come in, demand grows and they run into trouble fulfilling orders. Then comes shortcuts in either production or customer service and the good name disappears.

It's not only in computing - seems to be the same in many lines of business based on supply an demand. Computer supply is probably hit hardest though because of the advance of techonology and the rapidity with which stock can become out of date.

Vantage were top class not so long ago - it's a real pity that things have turned out this way for them.

st10 00:42 26 Jan 07

Just checked the website, seems Vantage went into liquidation on the 24th

spuds 13:06 26 Jan 07

Vantage closed down.

Possibly a new company formation shortly?.

Colin396 08:47 27 Jan 07

It is my opinion that Vantage were aware of their 'Cash Flow Problem' for some months and have continued to advise their Customer Service team to ward off, for as long as possible, people like myself who were awaiting a refund.

Some simple facts -

When a company like Vantage order component PC parts from various suppliers, generaly they will pay their suppliers on a 30 day account basis for those parts.

If full payment is taken for the PC's orderes, on day one, Vantage are in pocket for at least 30 days and making interest on this money.

This begs the question, where is the money now?

You may rest assured that Vantage will owe money to their suppliers as well as the refunds, due to customers!

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:06 27 Jan 07

'It is my opinion that Vantage were aware of their 'Cash Flow Problem' for some months and have continued to advise their Customer Service team to ward off, for as long as possible, people like myself who were awaiting a refund'...they would have to. If there was a cash flow problem then they would have no cash for refunds. If the company was blabbing that they were skint they would have closed a lot earlier...might have been a good thing but if you are trying to rescue a company...........

'When a company like Vantage order component PC parts from various suppliers, generaly they will pay their suppliers on a 30 day account basis for those parts'...realistically it varies between 30 and 90 days.

'If full payment is taken for the PC's orderes, on day one, Vantage are in pocket for at least 30 days and making interest on this money.'..this is normal business practice and is to be expected when making one off computers or supplying single user items.

'This begs the question, where is the money now?'...form an orderly and long queue behind the Inland Revenue, DSS, Banks, finance houses, preferential creditors etc.

If anyone did not pay by credit card they will almost certainly have lost the lot but you should NEVER use anything but a credit card if you are buying any item.....v.v.v.v.important.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…