V21/Biscit - Internet supplier confusion!

clock 10:52 11 Oct 06

Wanting the cheapest dial-up available 2 years ago I opted for Fast4.net and was happy with the service and price which came down to £4.99! A couple of months ago they "sold me on" to V21, - seemed O.K., same price, and with recommending friends I got my price down to 99p per month! I knew it was too good to be true, - now they have passed me on to (or been bought out by) Biscit, whom I've never heard of. Don't know whether they will honour my deal but was just wondering if anyone out there had info on the new company please?

We are silver surfers and don't download much nor spend hours and hours on the Internet, so just want the simplest service.

Clock

spuds 11:41 11 Oct 06

Just completed a quick Google search, and Biscit seems a fairly good company, in the broadband field at least. To much to post here, but just put 'ISP Biscit' in the Google search box, and thing's may be revealed!. Biscit click here

clock 13:39 11 Oct 06

Thanks Spuds for the info. Only trouble is that each Web page I tried with Biscit in it, including your link, came up page unavailable! Also an e-mail trying to download couldn't, and produced an error warning! I'm probably getting paranoid about this change of ISP so will have a look at the Web links tonight.

Clock

clock 10:41 17 Oct 06

Is there anyone out there? Or are all V21/Biscit customers unable to connect to the internet??

Since the take over, I and friends I recommended to the company, have had trouble connecting, with "password/name not recognised" and various similar messages. The only help lines available are 0870 numbers and pressing the Options recommended get you nowhere.

Surely others on P.C. Advisor have had similar trouble? If so, how did you reconcile things?
Obviously I am now connected but one of my friends still has no internet.

Clock

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac