V21 INTERNET PROVIDER WHAT U SHOULD KNOW

TOMTHUM 11:17 30 Apr 05

Im writing to let you know the way v21.co.uk treats its customers whom it is providing a service .
don’t get me wrong here Im happy with my internet connection from them and I never have any bother.
My gripe, I have 2 accounts with them one is 512mb at work and 1mb service at home
I pay £16.99 and £24 99.
v21 never let its customers know when the price comes down the othe day I decided to have a look at v21 web page to see if the
prices have changed etc etc.
and yes they are advertising 1mb service for £19.99 and Im paying them £24.99 for same service
I contacted them and asked them if they never let their customers know when there is a price change,
as a loyal customer for some 3yrs I was not happy.
The chap on the phone said they normaly email customers . this is NOT TRUE I said where is my email then.
his answer was must have missed you. THIS IS THE 2ND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED.
AS I HAVE DIRECT DEBITS FOR BOTH ACCOUNTS THEY ONLY EMAIL ME WHEN THEY ARE GOING IN FOR THE MONIES
FOR MY ACCOUNTS.

I HAD TO ASK HIM TO CHANGE MY ACCOUNT ON THE 1MB SERVICE FROM £24.99 TO £19.99
HE TOLD ME THAT WOULD COST ME £11.75
I ALSO WANTED MY OTHER ACCOUNT UPGRADED TO 1mb service from £16.99 to £19.99
THAT WOULD COST ME AN OTHER £11.75
Don’t you think that when a customer has an account and paying £24.99 and v21 decrease their price it should
be applied to that account
V21.CO.UK IS CHARGING CUSTOMERS WITH ACCOUNTS SAY THEY ARE PAYING FOR A 1Mb service £24.99
and they will not let them know about the decrease in price
I have found out that u have to check their web page to find ot if there is any price change
BECAUSE THEY DO NOT LET EXISTING CUSTOMERS KNOW
AND THEN WHEN U FIND OUT THEY CHARGE YOU £11.75 FOR THE PRIVILEGE
THIS IS THE 2ND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME
I THINK V21.CO.UK SHOULD LET ALL CUSTOMERS KNOW THIS AND ALTER THEIR ACCOUNT WITHOUT THE CHARGE

CHEERS TOMTHUM

please excuse spelling etc

Joe R 11:27 30 Apr 05

tomthum,

You are not supposed to make a posting using capital letters, as it is classed as shouting.

I'm with Telewests Blueyonder broadband service, and regularly see cheaper prices for new customers than what I pay.

Most companies now try to get new customers on board by, offering cheap deals for the first 12 months or so, and it can be very frustrating, when you have been with a company for years, and find out that new customers are getting the same service for less money.

At least your company are prepared to offer you the same price as new customers.

spuds 11:37 30 Apr 05

This is the general trend of things nowadays. The loyal customer/consumer supporting the possible new client, you only need to look at certain advertising to see this.Special lower terms, good discounts or freebies are the usual incentives to attract newer business.

I get to the stage, that if my loyalty doesn't warrant these special incentives, then I start looking elsewhere, with the rewarding factor that I have 're-negotiated involvement with the company that I choose to spend my money with.

But I should also state, that the recent broadband offers that have been made by a majority of the ISP's have been to my advantage. Tiscali uprated my service without any increase in price. A little confusion at the start, due to administration and technical problems, but in the end I got what they promised, without further worries.

TOMTHUM 11:54 30 Apr 05

Sorry about the capitials although i would like to shout at v21 for having no loyalties 2 existing customers.
i will look around in the next 6months though
thanks for the replies
cheers

Joe R 12:26 30 Apr 05

TOMTHUM,

No need to apologise, you obviously didn't know about it.

You'll learn that almost all users experience, fury that is P.C. related, at some time or other.

There are a lot of good and very knowledgable members in this forum, who when they can, will help with all sorts of problems, which may arise.

P.S. I don't class myself, in this group, having only joined up, a short time ago.

Is become a subsidised *new* customer yourself,i.e move to another ISP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…