Useless Microsoft.

Iceman1978 21:24 30 Sep 04

After having to format my machine & reinstall windows I tried to install using my copy of xp I bought brand new. I have had to reinstall a number of times, & on trying to activate windows I now get a message that I have used my key too many times. I am now forced to phone the telephone support line. Since I no longer have a phone I can't phone the number without using my mobile, which had just run out of air time while phoning microsoft. This is extremly irritating and I will now to be forced to install a dodgy version. Thanks Microsoft.

hugh-265156 22:04 30 Sep 04

you will still be able to use xp for 30 days so plenty of time to squeeze in a quick phone call when you get some credit, no hurry and no need to install a dodgy version of xp. when you ring them it will only take a min to get you sorted out, they are very helpful.

Forum Editor 22:23 30 Sep 04

to say "I will now to be forced to install a dodgy version" - as if you had no choice in the matter.

As huggyg71 says, you have a time period within which to activate Windows XP, and it's hardly Microsoft's fault that your mobile phone ran out of air time - top up the phone and ring them again, but please let's not have any more silly justifications like this for using pirated software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…