Used Hard Discs

laurie53 09:27 25 Mar 07

It's still happening
click here

Laurie

Forum Editor 09:47 25 Mar 07

if ever I saw one, and from two points of view.

spuds 18:05 25 Mar 07

This particular incident could stem from many things, and only a full investigation may find the actual culprits. Personally I would have consulted and involved the police and trading standards on this 'investigation'.

jack 20:52 25 Mar 07

It certainly sounds a very odd story.
In another post click here

someone else was writing about returned goods sold as new.
This is different because second hand parts seem to have been substituted for new - if indeed the component had failed.
Could it be I wonder if this was not a 'new' machine in the first instance and the repair work [a file recovery program perhaps ?] uncovered what had been there all along?
Hmm

Can I just say A colleague of mine bought a pc from a well known retailer and found that it had someones elses name on it as owner!

jack 08:29 27 Mar 07

owise14u wrote-
Can I just say A colleague of mine bought a PC from a well known retailer and found that it had someones elses name on it as owner!
-----------------------o0o-------------------------
This is not an entirely unknown phenonomen, the well known retailer apart.
A colleague had a machine some years before he asked me to investigate a problem, and only then did it become clear that it had been assigned to a local firm of solicitors originally - In this case it was simply a case of a local 'builder' over supplying a large order.

spuds 15:24 27 Mar 07

Slightly of tangent a little. Not so much new but more like 2nd hand. Try buying a computer system from an auction house or liquidation sale and see what the computers sold there can reveal!!.

Zero G 16:33 27 Mar 07

At work all Hard Drives that get upgraded are used as spares.
If we do have ones that dont work they get a 10lb hammer put on them!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…