Use DVDs to backup photos

Trikie 18:03 14 Feb 07

I have used XP to backup my word processor files to CDs. Having accumulated a quantity of photos I would like to back them up to DVDs.

Loading the Nero 6 OEM that came with the computer part way - about 55% - through the installation I get a message "some files missing Restart install" Restarting picks up at the same point and seems to proceed normally.However, when I try to use the programme I get a message "some fills missing. Reinstall Nero".

Having gone through this process I wonder if there is another programme I can use - preferably a free download?

Totally-braindead 18:15 14 Feb 07

Not being funny but I always use CDs as the files for the photos are not that large. Create a multisession disk and add till full.

GaT7 18:16 14 Feb 07

A few free ones:

Ashampoo Burning Studio 2007 (free 'commercial') click here (ignore the 'expired' status)

AVS Disc Creator click here

CDBurnerXP Pro click here

DeepBurner click here

Final Burner click here

G

Trikie 19:06 14 Feb 07

Thanks Crossbow 7 plenty of choices.

My photo,s use 13.66GB which is why I want to use DVDs rather than CDs

Totally-braindead 19:17 14 Feb 07

Fair enough Trikie, you have an aweful lot of photos.

Stuartli 19:49 14 Feb 07

If you use Nero in Multisession form it's imperative that, each time you add further files, that you Save the Folder/File name you choose.

Otherwise some files will be missing or unreadable.

Nero normally asks if you wish to Save the contents each time you finish a Multisession mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…