USB WIFI Units

Linds 17:39 27 Mar 06

Want to get a USB Wifi thingy (can you tell I am a technical genius ?) and wondered if anyone had any advise on which to get.

I am a pikey bugger so cheaper = better in my book !

Ta

pj123 17:50 27 Mar 06

Need an awful lot more information than that if you want some advice. And none of the solutions will be cheap.

What is you want to do? Is your primary PC connected to the internet via BB? Do you have a router? Is the WIFI to connect a second computer to the same BB as the primary PC?

What are the specifications of the PCs concerned etc....

Linds 17:59 27 Mar 06

Ok here goes

My neighbour has just had BB installed and we were chatting about it, and he offered me connection through his Wifi for 1 month to see if I was going to use enough to make it worthwhile getting my own connection or sharing his (shared costs).

We are also going to buy another PC/laptop (powerful enogh for video editing) with Wifi, so it would also be used for a LAN connection bewteen PC's

My current laptop is a rather old (german) laptop with only a 1.0 USB slot, although I am not sure about the processor/RAM.

Cheers

pj123 18:10 27 Mar 06

Well first of all I think what you are suggesting to do is illegal.

Linds 10:23 28 Mar 06

Well he is a mate and has given me his permission for a months trial, and I will buy him a beer or two as a thank you. His network is security protected and he is giving me his password.

So surely as long as I have his permission its OK.

dms05 14:39 28 Mar 06

I think you'll find your mates terms and conditions of supply from his broadband ISP prohibit him from doing what he is proposing. But who would know?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…