USB Soundcard

Adz1310 14:24 22 Sep 05

Hi Guys,
Just wonder if anyone had any info on the following. Have been given as a present 5.1 speaker system and want to connect them to my laptop. been looking at a external usb 5.1 soundcard. there seems to be 2 that I can find. One from Trust and one from Soundblaster. They both seem to be ok though one has a remote the other doesnt. Is there any major differences or any better alternative out there. you input would be much appricated. thanks

GaT7 20:54 22 Sep 05

A friend has this Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External Sound Card click here, & is quite satisfied.

Check if the Trust is also 24-bit - don't get anything less if you can afford it.

If I had a choice between Creative & Trust, I'd choose the former every time.

Some more external Creative ones to choose from click here (prices include delivery, which is free).

Yet more USB external s'cards (sorted by ascending prices) click here (click the 'Detailed product information' to see more info of each card). You can use the 'Compare' feature to see how they stack up against each other.

Also have a look on eBay - filtered to Creative external click here - you could pick up a bargain.

Remember to get a 24-bit s'card if you can afford it. Good luck with your purchase. G

PS - If you purchase from my first link (Amazon), beware - they may send you an INTERNAL PCI s'card - happened to my friend twice for the same transaction!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…