USB Flash Memory Stick advice please

quaggydog 12:43 09 Mar 07

I am looking to buy a 4Gb USB flash memory stick.

I want one that is "fast". (Does one have to pay more for speed?)

And has a neat housing for the USB connector. (By "neat", I mean, that the cover for it is in someway "integrated" into the body of the stick. Basically, I don't want to have to tie a cap on with a bit of string to avoid losing the cap!)

Anyone offer any recommendations?

grumpygramp 13:19 09 Mar 07

Amazon are advertising 4GB Flash memory for £20
USB speed I believe depends a lot on your system

freaky 13:29 09 Mar 07

The USB connector is integrated into the body of the stick, there is a detachable cap to protect it.

You will need to have Windows XP, otherwise you will need a driver for it to work.

As regards speed, then you will need to have a USB(2)socket. If you have USB(1) then you can purchase a USB(2) PCI card.....they are quite cheap.

quaggydog 13:40 09 Mar 07

Thanks for replies so far.

My PC has USB 2.0. Are all USB 2.0 sticks basically the same speed?

I need one where there is NO danger of losing the cap.

vinnyT 12:47 10 Mar 07

Have a look at the sandisk cruzer range, click here, the business bit retracts into the body, no cap.

vinnyT 12:48 10 Mar 07

Sorry, the above link was to 1gb, here's the 4gb click here

chocolate cake 14:19 10 Mar 07

Corsair is a good brand but there are others on this site if you search. click here

Meshuga 19:22 10 Mar 07

quaggydog, They all seem to have detachable loose caps so do as I did, 1 small cable tie cut to length, 1 blob of araldite on each end and secure the ends to their respective positions making sure there is enough slack to remove the cap. Problem solved.

John B 20:34 10 Mar 07
  John B 20:37 10 Mar 07
  John B 20:40 10 Mar 07

Ah well!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…