USB Flash Memory

Smallgirls 20:21 28 Sep 05

I have just started University and have the use of a Toshiba Notebook and I require a USB Memory Stick to save and transfer files. Has anybody any suggestions to which one I should buy, I think I shall require one no bigger than 1GB.

Jackcoms 20:32 28 Sep 05

Kingston click here

GaT7 20:40 28 Sep 05

If required, a range to choose from:

- 1Gb or more, sorted by 'popularity' click here

- 1Gb or more, sorted by ascending prices click here

1Gb or more, at eBay (make note of the P+P charges):

a. Auction + Buy it now, sorted by ascending prices click here

b. Buy it now ONLY, sorted by ascending prices click here

Good luck with the purchase. G

Da-B-Man 21:59 28 Sep 05

be careful when buying usb flash memory from ebay (if u do).
I bought a 512mb stick which i thought was a bargain for £22 being kingston. 3 months later it died on me conacted kingston only to be rung a week later saying it was a fake (branded kingston shell but cheap flash memory inside) so watch out :)

ade.h 14:27 29 Sep 05

Kingston flash memory sticks have mixed comments regarding reliability, from various sources including Ebuyer's customer reviews. Its RAM seems to be of a higher standard.

I use Corsair memory sticks, with which I have been universally happy. They are fast even through a USB1.1 connection and consistently reliable.

Whaty 07:04 30 Sep 05

I've bought three now from, delivery has always been very prompt (24hrs), I'm very happy with the product and the prices seem to be very competitive. The 1Gb USB2 Classic is currently £45 + VAT

click here

Not sure how to insert a link, sorry.

Regards, Terry

Whaty 07:06 30 Sep 05

The link worked, wow..... :-)

Good luck

grumpygramp 19:42 01 Oct 05

About 6 months ago I looked around and found Amazon to be the cheapest . Their price includes postage . Others may be cheaper but by the time postage is added they work out dearer. I bought 2 Byestor drives and find them OK they even have password protection if you want it.

Smallgirls 20:01 01 Oct 05

My thanks to everyone for your help and advice it has been very helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…