USB fingerprint scanner

barthangel 19:52 21 Apr 10

Please i'm a M.sc student and i am doing my final project on biometric security.Please i will need help on the best biometric scanner to buy and i also want to find out if it comes with software that does the fingerprint enrolment.

I use the UPEK Eikon fingerprint scanner click here and I find it very good. It comes with the appropriate fingerprint software. It cost me about £40 from Amazon.

spuds 10:56 22 Apr 10

Perhaps I am not experienced enough in the field of fingerprint scanning, but I do fin that getting the 'best' can be a minefield of uncertainties. A number of manufacturer's seemed to have made attempts in this,within the home computer market, but have since moved on to more profitable endeavours.

Perhaps a Google or similar search will bring some interesting reviews. Have you tried this avenue!.

ronalddonald 19:01 30 Apr 10

Could the police use the upek eikon fingerprint scanner in stop and search procedures

ronalddonald 19:09 30 Apr 10

sorry the reason im asking is that if can save on money then it might be worth having them than the very expensive ones they use at the moment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5