USB DIGITAL ANTENNA STICK-Are they any good?

Adz1310 21:01 21 Oct 05

Im about to get a new 17" laptop, and where I am going to place it means my TV is going to get the push. I found in this month PC advisor magazine a USB DIGITAL ANTENNA STICK by Freecom. Seems ok.
What I need is something I can watch TV on my laptop, though plug in the exsiting TV aerial as it is connected to my Sky receiver.
Is there such a thing? And what is on Sky is the same as Digital TV isnt it?
Anyone help with there comments and advice will be much appricated, Thanks!

Adz1310 21:33 21 Oct 05

terratec seem to have some good ones on?

g0slp 21:52 21 Oct 05

click here

I've just got one of the Freecom sticks, & it seems pretty good. I haven't tried using the supplied 'wand' antenna however; merely plugged in an external antenna connection.

You can't get UK Teletext, but that's no worry for me.

PaulB2005 22:34 21 Oct 05

Got a link / model number for the Freecom stick?

g0slp 07:44 22 Oct 05

click here

However I bought mine from

click here

They delivered immediately; first time I've used them & will do so again.

I have now seen this device even cheaper :-( , although not by much.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Adz1310 14:28 22 Oct 05

cheers, though i could do with one that has a s-video input as have a dvd player with 5.1 surround sound, and dont want to replace that as only just recently got it. would a tv card with an aerial and s-video input but better for what I need??? my aerial is connected to my sky digital box you see!! anyone know where to find one??

Adz1310 14:55 22 Oct 05

though i think the terratec does the job i want, but not sure.
terratec: click here

smurfling 19:21 31 Oct 05

I have just bought the Freecom Stick and find it very good, it records in dvd compatible format if thats what you want, it has no external inputs though. I'm very doubtful if you will get one with S video inputs as they are strictly TV tuners and you can't input into a tuner, those that have an input are for connecting camcorders, video recorders etc and are usually composit inputs, if thats what you want you would be better off with a capture card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…