Upgrading PC - which components to buy?

weedyfun 08:30 AM 26 Sep 11

I stumbled upon this site, because I have the urge to upgrade my crappy PC. I am an avid gamer and also a graphic designer, so yeah, I do work with hi-res imagery and whatnot. My PC is kinda old, bought it about 4 years ago and now it's just starting to frustrate the living sh*t out of me.

I need more RAM, at least 6gb, probably a new motherboard, since mine only has 2 RAM slots. I am also looking for a new CPU chip and also a new power supply to be able to power all the new goodies.

I think that I might need some additional/better cooling devices as well.

I currently have the NVIDIA 9600GT, 2gb RAM and some Intel Dual Core processor of which the name I cannot remember(I am not at home at the moment). I am happy with my graphics card, so no need for a new one.

Any suggestions of products I should buy? I don't have a very impressive budget, but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11