hi I have a

HP-Pavilion A6455.uk

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core
3.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8400

which has a M2N68-LA (Narra3) motherboard

does anyone know if a 9600gt would fit inside the case

GaT7 16:26 29 Jul 09

The motherboard has a x16 PCI-E slot, so no problem there. It'll fit physically too if it's not a slim type case (as shown in the pic click here), but unsure if the PSU will be up to the job.

Does the PSU have at least 1x dedicated 6pin PCI-E connector? If not, you'll need to be looking at upgrading the PSU as well, for £30-40 extra.

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you going to be getting the 9600GT for? For £62, you can get a slightly better HD 4830 click here. G

It should, but I would suggest checking that your current Power Supply meets the minimum spec for the 9600gt. HP, like all OEM manufacturers, will typically put in the bare minimum PSU to meet the hardware that comes in it, so upgrading something like the graphics card normally means upgrading the PSU aswell.

sorrowthedark 16:41 29 Jul 09

well the case you showed with the link is the only case that comes with the HP-Pavilion A6455.uk so i guess its not going to fit, ah well, and the psu as already been upgraded because the psu that was orignally with the computer wasnt no near the needed specs for the 9600gt

sorrowthedark 16:50 29 Jul 09

if the case is not supported by the 9600gt is there another case that is support by the motherboard that will have enough room for the 9600gt to fit

GaT7 17:03 29 Jul 09

As it's clearly not a slim-type case, a 9600GT / alternative standard height graphics card will fit. Sorry for the confusion :-)

What PSU did you upgrade to? G

sorrowthedark 17:08 29 Jul 09

well the psu caused me no end of problems and hp offered me no help at all so in the end i went to local small computer store and they fitted one that was 500w and they also made sure it was one that would run a 9600gt for me. I wasnt sure about it so i got them to fit it but i normally would have fitted it myself. and the 9600gt im getting from amazon for around £80

GaT7 18:17 29 Jul 09

If you're willing to spend £80 for a graphics card, a HD 4850 will be considerably more powerful for less money - £75 for click here, & use the free delivery option at checkout.

Just check the PSU has at least 1x dedicated 6pin PCI-E connector. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac