Upgrading to a cordless mouse and keyboard.

MIKE 21:13 10 Dec 04

I want to upgrade to a cordless mouse and keyboard. Could any of you kind folks recommend a good make and type to go for. I also want to use if possible a rechargable mouse and one final point somthing that will not break the bank.

Starfox 21:32 10 Dec 04

Can recommend these click here I use the 302ks purchased from Staples about £20 .

Her indoors uses this click here
and it really is very good.

pipedream 22:42 10 Dec 04

I would say definitely go for rechargeable - I bought a Logitech Click Plus Wireless a couple of months ago & the battery performance is very poor - OK it gets used all day, every day but 2 weeks is pathetic! Am now using rechargeable batteries, but one with a charging cradle would be better.

MIKE 08:17 11 Dec 04

I really appreciate your help guys, I would only consider geting a setup with a charging cradle. But considering the keyboard side of things how long do the batteries last. I know its an unfair question as it depends on how much you use it,its just a general rule of thumb idea is all I am after.

spuds 12:09 11 Dec 04

Battery usage depends on the daily routine. But it is a definate yes to rechargables, as you will find that any slight loss of power can cause all types of silly activities.A quick change of batteries can work wonders. My system is Packard Bell, purchased on special offer from PCW a year or so ago, won't be without it now.

It's Me 15:16 11 Dec 04

My Logitech wireless keyboard batteries seemed to last for ever, in contrast to the mouse batteries.
However, I had endless problems with the keyboard with radio interference from some where and gave it away, and now it is perfectly OK in this other persons hands just across the road from me. I bought a wired keyboard and that is fine, and a MX 700, which has its own charging cradle and it is a great mouse and no problem.

Present circumstances of a long winter away from home has now meant that I was struggling with a wired M/s mouse, and so I bought, locally, a Logitech Cordless Click Plus which also has a charging cradle, and I think that it is a possible improvement on the MX 700.

I hope that all that helps!

MIKE 19:44 11 Dec 04

Thanks again folks for all your thoughts

Beas-Knees 19:55 11 Dec 04

Look at this click here I use them at work & home, Brilliant quality (German)and the batteries last months and months, They were on special offer the other day on scan's "today only" page for £14.00 including V.A.T. I ordered another 5 to give/sell to friends 7 family, At the normal price thet are very good value but at that price they were an absolute giveaway. If you aren't in a hurry keep having a look on the scan today page as they have them on offer fairly regularly.

Beas-Knees 19:55 11 Dec 04

Look at this click here I use them at work & home, Brilliant quality (German)and the batteries last months and months, They were on special offer the other day on scan's "today only" page for £14.00 including V.A.T. I ordered another 5 to give/sell to friends & family, At the normal price they are very good value but at that price they were an absolute giveaway. If you aren't in a hurry keep having a look on the scan today page as they have them on offer fairly regularly.

jarani 23:20 11 Dec 04

just a note - aldi have tevion wireless keyboard and mouse at £14.99 - have not bought myself but you may be interested

MIKE 17:45 12 Dec 04

Thanks guys for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…