Upgrading to broadband?

joesoaps 19:47 31 Aug 04

At present on 56kbps dialup with BT Openworld and am going to change to broadband within the next few days.I have looked at BT Broadband packages who offer 2 services,500 kbps for £26-99 pm and 1mb for £29-99 pm.I will use the internet for mainly surfing and game playing I don't download music or watch video so can anyone suggest which package to go for or even suggest a good alternative with or without restrictions.your advice would be much appreciated.

joesoaps.

CurlyWhirly 20:11 31 Aug 04

Have a look at click here

pj123 22:05 31 Aug 04
  hugh-265156 02:43 01 Sep 04

have a read around this website maybe click here and you will find some good information on most isp`s avalable to you in the uk, prices reviews etc. may help a bit.

a 250k connection for example will be a big improvement over dial up and be great for browsing and all streaming media etc. moving up to a 512k or a 600k connection then from this then the difference is not just so notacable when your just browsing most web sites but instead when you download a big file or a few together, you do get them so much faster. a 1meg or faster connection is the one to have if you want to download fast.

be sure though to first check the download limits for these isps. whats the point of having a 1 meg connection cheap when your download limit for the month is 2gb.

lignum vitae 07:36 01 Sep 04

can highly recommend "Metronet" I pay £10 plus vat for 512kps which is less than I paid for dialup.Excellent service as well!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now