Updating my gaming rig. Advice needed

Zurik 14:03 17 Sep 11

Hi!

About 2 years ago I built this really nice pc which could handle every game on top settings at the time. Nowadays I still dont have many problems but I definitely feel that it is lagging behind a bit with the newest games. For example, my rig could barely run Witcher 2 on medium/low settings, and thats a problem for me. With all the big new games coming out in the next months I'd really like to upgrade my desktop somehow at least to make sure its up to date.

Budget is not much of a problem but its always something to account for.

Specs: CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.83 GHz 4gb RAM Windows 7 32-bit GPU: Ati hd 6670 1gb

Any advice concerning possible upgrades/tweaks are very welcome.

Thanks

Zurik 15:12 17 Sep 11

Also, what would you think that is the major bottleneck in my system?

Armchair 16:27 17 Sep 11

That graphics card isn't all that good, but it only went on sale in April this year, so you probably don't want to swap it out yet. Depends on the screen resolution you game at, anyway.

Zurik 19:39 18 Sep 11

Thanks for the reply

So my CPU isnt bottlenecking my rig at all?

Im thinking about upgrading to a GTX 560 or a Radeon HD 6870, both of which are within my budget range.

Also, another question: -Im in urgent need of more storage space, what must I think about when considering a new hard drive? Also, do I need to replace my old one, or can I have both?

Thanks in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…