Update on NTL Broadband...billing problems

geoff47 19:32 20 Feb 03

As some of you might remember I signed up for NTL broadband...am now in second billing month.
Was advised by guy on phone when ordering 128k at a pound less than BT dial up,to go for 600k and get free installation and a free webcam and just down grade after the first month....thats the outline.Expected a bill of £24.99 plus adjustment for part month...got a bill for £86.28.Apparently they agreed to credit my account for the £50 install fee so correcting the problem.This month by e mail notification I am to expect a bill of £45.82...I am now trying to contact them yet again......the broadband is brilliant....shame about the service?
Geoff45

furry curry muncher 22:07 20 Feb 03

NTL billing is a laugh, I upgraded to BB two months ago and cancelled my dial up with them, yet im still being charged my monthly dial up fee, ive already called them once and they said it would be credited back, a month down the line and it still isn't. So have to spend my weekend on the phone to them asking them whats going on, come on NTL sort your billing out!!!!

Andsome 08:58 21 Feb 03
  geoff47 22:54 21 Feb 03

Thanks Andsome will dash off an E mail this very instant....Have sent a heavy letter or two today on the way to work...hope for the best reply,while expecting the worst.
Keeping my fingers crossed and my toes and my eyes,would pray if I was religious....sorry to bring the tone down for you christians,just my humour.
Geoff47

Andsome 08:11 22 Feb 03
  geoff47 22:13 22 Feb 03

May have had a breakthrough....fingers crossed.
Same man,Alan,who I spoke to the other day and who promised to phone back actually did....told me he had traced the problem to duplicate depts. billing me for the same thing.Admitted there had been a cockup and apologised.The first bill was in fact wrong and the amount taken would be refunded by cheque,but the latest bill was correct for the time since I started with NTL.
He also said he would be monitoring my account in the future for any irregularities.And they havn't got my nasty snail mail yet,and wouldn't have had the chance to respond to my email.Keeping everything crossed again.Thanks for the addresses
Andsome,will keep them on file for future reference.
Geoff47

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…