Unwanted purchase

ordep 18:10 16 Dec 05

Having purchased a mobile phone over the web, I have since decided I do not want it.

I understand from the company's web site that it is in the post. My question is, how do I stand about sending it back for a complete refund. Am I within my rights.

Diodorus Siculus 18:27 16 Dec 05

Esnet Ltd. - Terms and Conditions
"7 - Distance Selling Regulations

In accordance with the Distance Selling Regulation, the customer has the right to cancel an order within one week (7 working days) of delivery. In accordance with legal provisions personalised items, unsealed software or audio and products containing an activation key are exempt. The customer is expected to take good care of all items and not use them, any goods not returned in an 'as new' condition may be refused or involve extra costs in making the goods 'as new'. In order to meet the 1 (one) week deadline, mailing the cancellation notice within that time frame is sufficient. Please, always refer to and include the order number. The cancellation must be put in writing and must be forwarded to Orders, Overclockers, Unit 40 Imex Business Park, Ormonde Street, Fenton, ST4 3NP by mail or e-mail to [email protected]. When returning non-faulty goods under the Distance Selling Regulation delivery costs may not be refunded, if the customer wishes Overclockers UK to collect the goods the costs incurred shall also be deducted from any refund. Please note that you have no right to return goods under the Distance Selling Regulations if you are a business customer."
click here

spuds 18:55 16 Dec 05

The Distance Selling Act click here

If there's a problem click here click here

spuds 18:58 16 Dec 05

Whoops second link typo error, try click here

ordep 06:18 17 Dec 05

Thanks very much for your speedy response, I'll pop it strait back in the post.

Diodorus Siculus 08:14 17 Dec 05

Be sure to tell them the reason for the return and get a returns number first.

Forum Editor 08:17 17 Dec 05

Do NOT pop it straight back in the post. You must first notify the seller that you intend to return the goods (you must do this within 7 days), and although you must get a returns number as Diodorus Siculus says, you are under no obligation to provide a reason.

Diodorus Siculus 09:37 17 Dec 05

When I say to tell them the reason for the return, I meant that you should tell them you are returning it under the distance selling regulations. Sorry if I did not make that clear.

spuds 09:46 17 Dec 05

Whilst you are under no obligation to give a reason, it is always best to do so. The seller then as the facts of return, which could be of great benefit to them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…