Unproductive phone call still charged for

Graham. 09:38 23 Jul 09

When I call my dentist, I often get the message 'Reception is very busy right now, please call later'. Of course, I have been charged for each of these calls.

Do you think the Office of Fair Trading or Trading Standards would raise an eyebrow at such a phone system?

tullie 09:49 23 Jul 09

No

OTT_Buzzard 09:50 23 Jul 09

I think they'd care if you were being billed £1/min and the asnwer pphone message was 5 minutes long. Other than that....

interzone55 09:53 23 Jul 09

I think you should complain to the dentist rather than the OFT, because it's the dentist who seems to be unable to provide proper staffing levels to cope with customer demand...

BT 16:38 23 Jul 09

I'd sooner get a message like that than be kept on hold listening to inane music for ages and getting charged even more. Even more preferable is just an engaged tone which means I'm not being charged anything.

spuds 19:13 23 Jul 09

I thought that it was part of modern day telecommunications to hear the " We are sorry, but all our agents are busy. Please hold on for the next available agent, as your call is important to us". I would suspect more so on an 0870 number :O((

Strange really, when some companies want to sell you something, you might well find that its an 0800 number, and then after a more expensive mode for customer communication.

Kevscar1 19:21 23 Jul 09

In those circumstance I use,

click here

dagbladet 20:29 23 Jul 09

I sympathise. I pay £10 a month for internet access (inc landline) and every now and again I go on a forum board only to find someone has posted something inane and frankly pointless. I must call the OFT and see if they're busy.

Border View 22:54 23 Jul 09

Uncalled for and a pointless post from you. A constructive response would have been more helpful.

dagbladet 07:46 24 Jul 09

Barmoor

I disagree that my post was pointless. The point of my post was to point out that in my opinion, whether you agree with it or not, the opening post was inane and pointless. I welcome any challenge to my view. In respect of a constructive response to the original question asked, I believe it was implied in my response. However, if it is too subtly hidden i'll make it clearer.

No.

interzone55 08:56 24 Jul 09

I totally agree.

every time you call someone and get their answering machine you are charged for the connection whether you leave a message or not - do you try to recoup the charge from them, or report them to ofcom?

No I thought not...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…