Uniross batteries and chargers

Andsome 15:02 08 Jul 03

The following is a copy of an e-mail that I sent to Uniross, it is self explanatory. It was sent on 28th June, and to date remains unanswered. It is worth considering this lack of response before buying this company's products.

"Some time after I purchased a Uniross charger and four 1300mAh batteries for use with a digital camera, I purchased a spare set of batteries 1500mAh, Ni-MH R6/AA. These have always seemed to discharge very rapidly compared with the 1300mAh batteries, and also compared with a set of Fameart batteries. I decided to test the batteries. I left them for 24 hours after charging and then put a pair each into two torches. The one pair lit their torch brightly, whilst the others faded almost immediately. By changing the batteries round I was able to find the flat one and have marked it. I have repeated the test three times by charging the batteries in different positions in the charger, and am now satisfied that one of the batteries is faulty and does not hold it's charge. This renders the whole set useless for the digital camera. Unfortunately I do not have the receipt. The set is about twelve months old, and has been recharged very few times, as I have only taken 18 sets of photographs with the camera altogether. I would guess that the batteries have only been recharged less than six or seven times. I would very much appreciate your comments"

Best regards

Keith Jones

Jester2K II 15:08 08 Jul 03

1500mAh - get 2000mAh ones - much better... £20 with a charger...

Oh and i use Uniross batteries all the time. No problem.

Just cos you get no response doesn't mean we all will.......

perpetually-perplexed 20:08 08 Jul 03

i use a uniross charger and batteries for my cam , must have been recharged 100 times at least and still no memory fade . all working well and mine are 1300mah

alB 20:47 08 Jul 03

I too use Uniross batteries and charger and have never had a problem with them, maybe a follow up e-mail might be in order, possibly to a different person/department...alB

rins36 21:05 08 Jul 03

I also have a uniross charger bought from Wilko's for about £7.00 & had no probs at all with usage in a digi camera, the batteries get charged about once every 3 months

If you can remember where u purchased the item go back & explain the situ, u may get a credit note for future use or do as alB said & send another e-mail

Andsome 10:29 09 Jul 03

From a posting on another website I got the e-mail address of a UK agent. He has apologised that no-one got back to me from my e-mail, and has kindly offered a replacement set.

Stuartli 19:43 09 Jul 03

Uniross products are excellent - I have a battery charger and four NiMH batteries by this manufacturer; the cost was less than £10.

On the other hand, a set of four rechargable Vidor Ni-Cad batteries has proved a poor buy for both longevity and the ability to hold a charge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac