uncreative zero x-fi

bert52a 15:02 08 Jan 11

I recently bought an X-fi 2 creative Zen mp3 player.
There were no negative comments about it but a few enthusiastic reviews on amazon and on this basis was fairly confident it would be a good buy.
Now it's driving me round the twist
the touch screen is slow and unresponsive and generally inaccurate.Locating files is really tedious and adjusting the volume is very hit and miss.
I bought it from Argos who say they have a policy of no refund on goods with a memory.
Does this mean that I have no rights as far as the machine being unfit for purpose e.g. a touch screen that's ineffective.
I don't understand how a renowned company like Creative Zen dare to market a piece of junk like one of the original digital cameras ten years ago.

100andthirty 17:25 08 Jan 11

there are plenty of negative comments about this on Amazon.

however if it's in anyway "not as described", you should take it back and be prepared to say how it's not as described. As an alternative you could visit the Creative website and update its firmware which as been reported by some to improve the screen reponsiveness. However, it's not a capacitive screen and it does need a more firm action to work the touch screen than, say, an Ipod Touch

bert52a 14:28 14 Jan 11

thanks for the advice.
I demonstrated my problem with the player and they accepted it and have given me credit instead.

thanks 100andthirty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…