Unable to register with Mesh

Keyhole 14:57 17 Apr 04

I am trying to register with Mesh for on line support. I key in my PC serial no. and the Product i.d. That returns to the same screen, with an option to register the PC serial no., and my postcode. That doesn't work either. Is Mesh 24 x 7 help line closed on Saturdays?

Sir Radfordin 15:30 17 Apr 04

You aren't the first person to have a problem in registering. Don't know if there is a fix or not.

What you having problems with? Post in the helproom and someone may be able to sort it for you.

The online support is always open - it doesn't use huamns but looks like the phones are only open Mon-Fri

Keyhole 15:54 17 Apr 04

My problems are many, I think arising from a virus attack in early March. It got past my (updated) Norton AV, disabled my XP firewall, sound card software, ability to transfer file data to CDs for back-up purposes, and caused a few other problems. I installed the ZoneAlarm firewall and Vcatch Premium, but I am unable to re-install my sound card beyond the next start-up. I have tried the help room, but have had no real success there. I have therefore decided to re-format the hard disk and start over. I can't contact the Mesh phone help line during normal hours owing to my being at work, so I thought I'd do it via on-line support.............

YAN003 16:02 17 Apr 04

Hi Keyhole, I had exact same problem about a 2 weeks ago......

Even my emails were reutrned by Mesh because of a problem with there anti spam/virus trap on the weblogin box.....

What I did was to look through Mesh post's on here that Davy had replied to and sent him the details of problem....

He will more than likely see this thread and post anyway. You might have to wait until Monday morning though.....

He sorted it out for me and Iam sure he will do the same for you...

Regards YAN003

Sir Radfordin 16:17 17 Apr 04

If the only resaon you want to contact Mesh is to get their permission to use the recovery CD then if you feel you know what you are doing just go ahead and do it.

Someone else was having a problem with a Mesh system and this is what Mesh said about the recovery CD:

"The advice on the CD to contact us before use isn't so much to say you cannot use it without our permission but to ensure that our customers do not insert the CD thinking it is something they need to do with their new PC. This happened occasionally causing perfectly working PC's to be faulty so soon after delivery.

If you are confident with the use of the recovery disc you are more than welcome to use it without our involvement. If something should go wrong we would never consider refusing support, the worst that would happen would be that we would ask you to go through the process again following our written instructions.

The advantage of speaking to us first is that we can ensure you are aware of what is required when doing this sort of task. Drivers you may need; data you may want to back up; etc."

click here

Mesh do monitor this site, though it is the weekend so they deserve a day off! You are likely to get some kind of response on Monday though.

spuds 17:18 17 Apr 04
  one23 17:27 17 Apr 04

I asked Mesh if I could re-format my PC at six months old. They were not duly concerned after I told them that I was quite capable of doing it. However , do make sure that you have downloaded the "windows security Blaster" patch from Microsoft and saved it to cd before you proceed.Also check that you have saved all the motherboard drivers .If you can wait you can order the security update cd from Microsoft and they also include a free av and fw .

one23 17:27 17 Apr 04

I asked Mesh if I could re-format my PC at six months old. They were not duly concerned after I told them that I was quite capable of doing it. However , do make sure that you have downloaded the "windows security Blaster" patch from Microsoft and saved it to cd before you proceed.Also check that you have saved all the motherboard drivers .If you can wait you can order the security update cd from Microsoft and they also include a free av and fw .

Keyhole 17:30 17 Apr 04

Thanks all. I'll try the meshresponse email address - I only need guidance for the re-installation, so hopefully Mesh can provide that.

Keyhole 17:36 17 Apr 04

One of my problems is inability to copy files to CD (although I can copy music), so are you suggesting I get the security update CD from Microsoft rather than download SP1 via my broadband connection?

Sir Radfordin 17:48 17 Apr 04

The security update CD from MS includes SP1 but you can download it if you wish. Only problem is that the MS Blaster virus has a very good ability to infect a system before you have a chance to get it patched. I had a system infected within 10 minutes of being online.

I'm guessing you have Windows XP and a CDRW drive. If so to put a file on CD the simplest way is to right click it then choose SEND TO and then select the CDRW Drive from the list. XP will give you a wizard that will guide you though the rest.

You may want to check and see if somewhere on the C Drive there is a folder called DRIVERS this will have the up-to-date drivers for your system from when Mesh installed the OS and may be worth copying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…