Ulead DVD Moviemaker 6 - Missing function ?

bathjobby 15:24 22 Mar 08

I have just bought and installed Ulead DVD Moviemaker 6 for the sole purpose of converting some AVI and MOV files to MPEG. The product description on the box and in the user manual state that (just about all) file type conversion is supported via the main menu Copy Disc function.
My main menu does not have the Copy Disk function on it so this package does not do what was advertised on the box and is therefore useless for the purpose it was purchased for. Just above the manuals screen shot of the main menu is a box with the contents 'Note: The availability of program modules and HD-related function depends on the DVD Moviefactory version you have.'
Nowhere does it clarify that with detail and noweher does it even state that on the packaging. Is this really their disclaimer against not providing the function as advertised on the packaging and if so, what sort of a company operates that way and survives.
I hoping I'm wrong and someone posts here a solution. If not, I'd be very interested if PCAdvisor would review this product from this perspective i.e. Function stated on packaging, in manual, versus actual function provided.

anchor 16:11 22 Mar 08

"Super" will convert both AVI and MOV files to MPG; (just done it to confirm). It converts many other files too.

click here

It`s free.

(sorry; can`t help with info on Ulead DVD Moviemaker6)

MCE2K5 18:22 22 Mar 08

If you can hang around for a couple of hours, I am downloading the trial DVD MovieMaker 6, Then I will come back and help you through this.

MCE2K5 23:19 22 Mar 08

To import AVI & MOV files,

Start "Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Launcher", Click Video/Slideshow Disc, Click New Video Project, Select Burner, Click the Icon that looks like a piece of cine film with a + on bottom left corner, ADD Video Files (Avi & Mov) as click here If no editing needed, Press & Hold Ctrl key and Left Click with Mouse on each video you have added, let go of Ctrl key.

Next, Click Join Video ( To make them into One Video File), Then click Export Selected Clips, Fast Export DVD Compliant Video... (as an example), Give it a Name and click Save.

Bingo you're done.

Roadgiant 07:35 23 Mar 08

If you have any further problems with Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 there is a very good support forum at :- click here

You find the people rthere(as on these forums) extremely helpful.
RG

bathjobby 12:48 23 Mar 08

Thanks to everyone for your replies.
anchor; I will take a look at that. I know there are lots of free converters out there and whilst I can check them for possible virus, I am always wary of key loggers, etc, which is why I choose to pay.
MCE2K5; Thanks for the detail on MovieFactory 6. It failed to uninstall via ADD/Remove progs as it had casued Registry problems so I have since Restored XP to an earlier time. Does what you suggest result in an MPEG2 file being created ?
Roadgiant; Thanks for the link, I've posted there and it is where they produced Corel docs stating that the conversion routines accessed via the Copy Disk function were only in version 6 'Plus'.
I'll post back when I have decided which course to follow, which will probably be to try again as MCE2K5 suggests, although I'm reluctant to install something again which has messed with the Reg first time around.

MCE2K5 18:51 23 Mar 08

"Does what you suggest result in an MPEG2 file being created ?": Yes, It does make an mpeg2 File, That is DVD Compliant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac