Ukreg terms -

Patr100 15:41 16 Sep 05

Someone I know plans to register with ukreg.co.uk but they were concerned and need some reassurance that judging from the terms and conditions - they felt that perhaps UKreg seem to "own" the content on the site. They ask: Do these terms read as reasonable or common for a service agreement for hosting purposes? I would say they only refer to the data connected with Domain and there is no claim to "own" content but thought I would get some opinions here or any experience with UKreg.

click here

"OWNERSHIP OF DATA

You agree and acknowledge that UKREG owns the following:

(a) all database, compilation, collective and similar right, title and interests worldwide in the domain name database;

(b) all information and derivative works generated from the domain name database; and

(c) information for the registrations for which UKREG acts as the registrar including:

(i) the original creation date of the registration;

(ii) the expiration date of the registration;

(iii) the name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and fax number of the technical contact, administrative contact, zone contact, and billing contact for the domain name;

(iv) remarks concerning the registered domain name that appear or should appear in the WHOIS or similar database; and

(v) other information generated or obtained in connection with the provision of domain name registration services, other the domain name being registered, and the IP names and addresses of the primary nameserver and any secondary nameservers"

ade.h 16:48 17 Sep 05

See my response to your duplicate post in Speaker's Corner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…