UKOnline broadband

bowl 22:15 14 May 05

Hi does anybody know anything about UKOnline as is seen in the July PC Advisor thanks

Mr Mistoffelees 22:26 14 May 05

I used to work for a company, based in the same building in Shepton Mallet, but on the floors above, making electronic equipment for tv companies!

bowl 22:46 14 May 05

Thanks Mr Mistoffelees but do you know if their Broadband service is any good

Stuartli 18:37 15 May 05

A former work colleague was with UKOnline in the mid-1990s so its been around for quite a while.

bowl 23:16 15 May 05

Thanks Stuartli

I think I will leave it open for a bit in case anybody comes up with anything else

Bowl

ajm 23:35 15 May 05

A colleague of mind just moved to UKOnline 8mb broadband service about 3-4 weeks ago. He migrated from another ISP. Minimal downtime. However, on the day the 8MB was supposed to be avtive, tests revealed that his download speeds were less than 1/2 MB. One phone call the following morning and the problem was resolved.
So far he is happy.

pj123 13:48 16 May 05

A bit more info here:

click here

jack 14:22 16 May 05

UK Online is part of EasyNet and and Easynet has installed in certain BT exchanges its own special equipment.
where this is so ypu can get the cheapo 512k service.

The rub is not many exhanges have it.

So you must go through the motions of getting UKOliner to check your exchange out and tell you Yea or Nay.
From there though its a pretty good tenners worth
I only wish my exchange was one of the lucky ones.

bowl 22:04 16 May 05

Thanks every one it seems if you can get it it is a fairly good deal

Bowl

royboxer 07:40 19 May 05

Uk online should be renamed. I've been on their website and apart from 4 exchanges in Edinburgh, you can only get this service in England. None in Wales none in Northern Ireland.

bowl 23:01 19 May 05

So it might not be as good as it seems then
Bowl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…