UKo2 Dial up services including webmail (

phildavey1 22:12 PM 16 Jun 13

I have used this service for 10 years and recently added my e-mail account to Windows Live Mail. Now I can no longer log on to my account at Uko2 as the website appears to have disappeared. Their technical help support line is also out of service. Does anybody know what has happened ?

Nontek 22:39 PM 16 Jun 13

click here

I don't use o2, but was able to open their site!

rdave13 22:42 PM 16 Jun 13

Possibly something to do with Sky buying out O2?

lsj00 20:17 PM 17 Jun 13

Hi, I was also using them for a number of years. They have definitely shut down their services. I suggest that you change your uko2 addresses. It caused me a lot of problems. They gave no prior warning Take no notice of people who do not know the difference between uko2 and02. Hope this answers your question.

joon 11:18 AM 18 Jun 13

I am experiencing the same problem and get this message

The host '' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

How can I change my uk02 address - I don't follow this suggestion Thanks

robo99 19:12 PM 18 Jun 13

Looks as if they shutdown overnight. I used them almost every for over 10 years. Never heard or seen a reason for this, would be nice to know what happened to all my data. This should be covered by data protection somehow I would have thought. AL

robo99 19:17 PM 18 Jun 13

Sorry, should have read 'almost every day". has nothing to do with O2 the mobile provider.

lsj00 20:09 PM 18 Jun 13

Hi, what I was suggesting is that any site or service that you are using a webmail address as your login and/or contact identity you need to change to an alternative email address. The only problem you may encounter is if any site/service wants to send an authentication link back to your address which as I have said, no longer exist. In that case you will have to reregister with your new email address. Hope this helps.

lissy-2101 20:34 PM 18 Jun 13

Hi, Yes uko2 disappeared for me too. Including loads of people's addresses and reference stuff. What are the chances of getting our old messages back do you think? They must be in the ether somewhere surely?

lsj00 20:58 PM 18 Jun 13

Hi, yes all of your personal data will still be residing on their severs which appear to have shut down. Maybe they have all been wiped clean! Who knows?

lissy-2101 00:26 AM 19 Jun 13

Seems uko2 were registered as Net Margins Ltd in Wilmslow in 2003. Anybody know anything about them? A room in a basement maybe?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know