UKDVDR Problems

Mark5001 18:15 02 Nov 07

Ordered two full sets of ink for my Epson printer over a week ago. Posted off my cash and got confirmation of delivery. Last friday a package arrived but it only contained four of the twelve cartfidges ordered. So I phoned to complain. I was told at first that I had only ordered the four cartridges, but I had a printout of the order and they suddenly agreed I was right. Next they said "we will have to check the cctv footage of your order being packed" ?? Well that was a week ago and many E-mails later (tried to phone counteless times but always engaged) I am £29.98 worse off and only four cartridges. They do not even answer the mails. What can I do next that I have not already tried.

john bunyan 21:03 02 Nov 07

Report them to Trading Standards in the area they are, threaten them with the Small Claims Court inless you get immediate satisfaction. Dont use them again!

FatboySlim71 23:10 03 Nov 07

I have used them many times and found their service to be fast and efficient and never has any of my orders been wrong.

twolf 16:49 12 Feb 08

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I also am having problems with UKDVDR, I actually received my order swiftly but one of the items was wrong. I have emailed several times but I'm getting no reply also can't get through on their phone number.

I found this thread by doing a google search for 'UKDVDR complain', found quite a few links with similar complaints.

Just thought it needed pointing out!

gazzaho 17:46 12 Feb 08

I have used this company a lot in the past, mostly for DVD media with no problem at all, my problems relating to them have to do with the delivery company they use, Citylink I believe, which have been slow to deliver on occasion and some goods have been damaged on arrival. The disks themselves were fine but on more than one occasion the plastic spindle case the disks come on were broken due to rough handling.

On a recent occasion I placed an order for two hard drive enclosures and IE7 crashed while placing the order, when I logged back on there were two orders visible for the same items, I immediately sent off an email to check if a double order was made and correct the mistake, this email was sent late at night so you can understand my surprise when I received an answer almost immediately stating that the double order was entered but only one had been recorded as paid for. So I can’t complain about their response time on the one occasion I had to use their support system.

mrg 07:36 15 Feb 08

I ordered some ink cartridges last Sunday and received them by recorded delivery on Wednesday. Very good service

pehorts 15:20 30 May 08

I too had problems similar to mark5001 where only half of the items I ordered actually arrived.
I tried the telephone but I found they were never answered.
I did manage to get a response from the email support team but that response was a sham. within a few hours of my original complaint I received an email from someone claiming to be a senior support worker telling me that he had checked the cctv footage of my order being packed and all items had been packed and that the weight of the package was logged at the courier as being 2.5kg.
His claims prove to be false on every count, I contacted the courier myself only to be told they could not give me an exact weight because they do not weigh packages, they did confirm only 1 parcel had been sent by ukdvdr. I weighed the parcel myself and took a photo of my parcel as it was recieved which clearly shows the box was too small to actually contain all of my goods,that it weighed only 990g and the box was recieved in good condition. (it had not been damaged or showing signs of being tampered with).
on reciept of the evidence, ukdvdr support actually accused my family of stealing the missing items, steadfastly refusing to admit their errors.
DO NOT BUY FROM UKDVDR, what seems like a bargain could end up costing you twice as much in the end.

pehorts 15:36 30 May 08

After several emails between myself and ukdvdr, my last threatening legal action and informing them that I do not intend to order from them again and that I will be reccoment that all my friends cease to trade with them, I recieved another email which read -:"As the top-selling internet company in Europe we are always honest with our customers. You are very important to us. We are not sure what really happened in your case. The CCTV and our Courier both show that we have sent correct items for your order, but since this matter seems to up set you very much, our manager will pay for this Discs and send to you for this special circumstance".

I have lost confidence in ukdvdr and will not order from them again.

Robert-1301996 16:24 21 Oct 08

Im having similiar problems ordered a computer and discs from them had used them in the past with no problems received dics but no computer very difficult to contact have sent numerous emails had one usless reponse (looking into problem) will never use again have contacted card company to recover losses

nwsuk 14:06 25 Apr 10

I personally placed an order with ukdvdr on behalf of our company one week ago (the sunday), by wednesday the order was still not showing despatched.

UKDVDR support have stated every day since the items would be despatched that day and given various excuses and lies.

Still not got the order and today after reading other complaints all over the internet about this company ive given them 24 hours to remedy the problem and compensate or im taking them to court.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5