Is the UK too price competitive?

mikeben121 10:14 26 Jan 08

I know that in other countries things can cost less, especially the States.

However I think that the way in which price is now a major selling point, if not the main selling point, is detrimental. It allows retailers to offer a lesser service "because we're so cheap" (E.G. Budget Airlines).

Is it necessary to be so cheap?

I have never found an Ipod for much less than the price in the Apple stores but it is the best selling MP3 player. So does this buck the price trend?

lisa02 10:39 26 Jan 08

" It allows retailers to offer a lesser service "because we're so cheap" (E.G. Budget Airlines). "

Depends on what you mean by "lesser service"....

I don't particularly want my nails done when I'm flying for a half hour over to England. I want a safe flight with no delays and that is it.

Same with retailers I want the product cheap but I also expect them to grant me my legal rights in the event of a fault.

I don't expect or need all the bells and whistles of customer service that add more to the cost.

spuds 18:12 26 Jan 08

At the end of the day, it is what the retailer can get, and what they are prepared to offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…