UK Online 8MB service

Admiral Allstar 13:23 23 Apr 05

I currently have 512kb ADSL service from Plusnet. I have been with them for about 2 and a half years on this service. However, at £18.99 it is a bit pricey for today's offers.

UK Online are offering an 8mb service on my exchange for £29.99

Do any forum members have any experience of UK Online - either good or bad?

Thanks

Stuartli 13:32 23 Apr 05

UKOnline has been around for a long time and appears to have a good reputation.

Are you sure that you can pick up the service? It's apparently only available to a select few at present.

Tiscali offers 512kbps for £15.99 with a 30GB cap and 1Mbps for the same price but with a 2GB cap (enough for the average user).

Compare that to the price I saw in Tesco this morning for its 521kbps unlimited service of £19.97.

Mr Mistoffelees 14:27 23 Apr 05

More speed please!

If an 8Mbps service were available on my local exchange for £29.99 or less I would be using it.

Admiral Allstar 16:04 23 Apr 05

Stuartli

Yes, I have checked that 8mb is available in my area (Kingsland Green exchange in London).

I am more interested in UK Online as a provider - are they good service providers. I would like to hear good and bad points (with the rough date to see if they are getting better/worse).

jack 11:53 24 Apr 05

I have UKOline as prepaid dial up absolutely
nothing to write about - No problems what so ever for past 3 years or so[my be longer I'm getting long in the tooth]
My only regret is the that my local exchange is not equipped with the 'lulu?' kit and cannot get the
BB for a Tenner offer.
If UK online are reading this- please fittup Dartford soon

wiz-king 16:23 24 Apr 05

I have been useing them for over 5 years, on dialup, cant get the BB as I am too far from an exchange to get any BB! No probs in the 5 years that a quick e-mail could not fix. The help line is good and replys to e-mails promptly, the only time that I had to call them back was with a ex-networked computer that I was trying to connect via an ISDN line (if I had read the instructions on the ISDN modem I would have known it wouldnt work!)

Admiral Allstar 19:57 24 Apr 05

Thanks everyone for input. Having read some other reviews I am going to order it. Will let you know when it's up and running.

Regards

georgemac © 20:23 24 Apr 05

click here the tiscali 1 mbps with 2 Gbyte cap does not look too good, especially when they also offer for £19.99 per month a 2 mbps with 15 Gbyte cap - that is a very competitive deal. I may go for that when my year is up with wanadoo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…