UK to get broadband co-ordinator

TOPCAT® 17:52 20 Mar 03

'The Government is to appoint a civil servant to take overall responsibility for coordinating the implementation of its broadband strategy.

News of the new job was confirmed in the Government's response to the second annual report published by the Broadband Stakeholder Group (BSG) late last year.'

click here
Saints preserve us! Things are looking up or am I too optimistic? :) TC.

Patr100 18:34 20 Mar 03

See how long it is before someone uses that awful lazy journalistic shorthand - "tsar" in connection with the role.

Youre too optimistic tc, as the government is re-defining broadband to mean any service thats called broadband by an isp so they can falsify the figures for true broadband take up.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:32 20 Mar 03

Looks like my 56k modem is going to get drop kicked into the Severn. Well BT wanted 350 people to sign up for BB in our village and after a sustained and co-ordinated campaign coupled with judicious amounts of bribery, blackmail, corruption and physical threats.............yesterday the total was exceeded. According to all reports BB should be available in 2-3 months. Natch I'll believe it whenthe BT engineer is installing the equipment at casa mia. On the downside I did promise to run throught the village in the buff, clutching a tulip between my teeth if we ever got BB as I though there was no chance. Just hope no one remembers that night in the local. ;-))))

G

TOPCAT® 19:59 20 Mar 03

We've just got to see that Gandalf!

Perchance you would like to give us your exact location and due notification of this coming event? I promise not to bring my camera! (Sez he!) :))) TC.

Goldcroft 20:17 20 Mar 03

The government has got itself into a mess re its ludicrously optimistic targets for e government etc so this (sorry Patr100, as a journalist who used to write headlines we cannot resist a nice short word) tsar might actually kick a few a*s*s.

anchor 20:48 20 Mar 03

Finally you have the end in sight; should be nice weather by then for your streak.

Unlike Topcat, I would bring my camera, and promise to publish some high resolution pics on the web for all to see.

Djohn 22:08 20 Mar 03

I'm already organising the coach trip from PCA!

TOPCAT® 22:09 20 Mar 03

Shame on you anchor. Now Gandalf Godiver won't dare honour his promise.

If he changes his mind, however, I can soon streak up there to bare witness to his activities, with camera well hidden of course!! :)))

Happily for him, it is good news. Let's hope this BB roll-out continues with gathering momentum right across the country. TC.

Pilch.... 22:40 20 Mar 03

That could be a funny site....

Perhaps with your new broadband, you could do a web cast <|:-P>

graham 20:27 21 Mar 03

Don't hold your breath waiting for a BT engineer! The modem etc. will be posted to you, you just plug it in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…