Typhoon memory adapter

marilynbell 23:07 18 Mar 04

Typhoon 128mb High Speed USB 2.0 Memory adapter priced at £37.99 available in Lidl next week anybody had a look at it if you have what do you think

georgemac 09:22 19 Mar 04

click here from crucial - much cheaper but only usb 1.1 - don't know how much difference this would make (for small amounts of data - 128 MB)

Stuartli 09:56 19 Mar 04

We can't have a look at it because it's not on sale until next week...:-)

Typhoon is a rebrander and this is clearly a common pen drive type USB 2.0 128MB flash memory that's compatible with 98SE/ME to USB 1.1 and 1.1 and 1.2 with 2000/XP. It does state that designs may vary from the illustration.

Other Typhoon offers from next Thursday include another cordless keyboard, this time with an optical cordless mouse, at £19.99 (most likely, like the Typhoon Navigator model sold by Lidl about 18 months ago at the same price, manufactured by the excellent A4Tech company); a 4 port USB 2.0 hub with surge protection and USB cable and network adapter included at £12.99 and a Typhoon mini notebook mouse for £6.99 (up to XP).

Canon and Epson printer owners might find a colour or black cartridge(s) to fit their machine at £2.99 each; can't see from the flyer which models are covered.

Stuartli 09:56 19 Mar 04

We can't have a look at it because it's not on sale until next week...:-)

Typhoon is a rebrander and this is clearly a common pen drive type USB 2.0 128MB flash memory that's compatible with 98SE/ME to USB 1.1 and 1.1 and 1.2 with 2000/XP. It does state that designs may vary from the illustration.

Other Typhoon offers from next Thursday include another cordless keyboard, this time with an optical cordless mouse, at £19.99 (most likely, like the Typhoon Navigator model sold by Lidl about 18 months ago at the same price, manufactured by the excellent A4Tech company); a 4 port USB 2.0 hub with surge protection and USB cable and network adapter included at £12.99 and a Typhoon mini notebook mouse for £6.99 (up to XP).

Canon and Epson printer owners might find a colour or black cartridge(s) to fit their machine at £2.99 each; can't see from the flyer which models are covered.

georgemac 10:29 19 Mar 04

you can see it on their website - some nice offers but a lot of them are regional. We are getting a Lidl by the end of the year so look forward to some nice computer bargains - the cordless mouse set looks nice.

marilynbell 12:46 19 Mar 04

I know you can't see it, I've just looked at it on the leaflet I just wondered if it was any better than any other or whether the price was good based on what they say on the leaflet

Stuartli 14:32 19 Mar 04

That's the point, you can only see it...:-)

It looks very familiar to a commonly available model which is offered in 32, 64 and 128MB sizes at various prices - as I pointed out, Typhoon offers a lot of rebranded products under its own name.

It's very common in the computer world as it is impossible for any brand name to manufacture everything it sells.

Others include Trust, Medion, Jenoptik etc - it's an interesting point too that 67 per cent of all digital cameras sold in the United States last year were manufactured in Taiwan.....

sicknote 14:35 19 Mar 04
  marilynbell 17:00 19 Mar 04

I think I'll give it a try anyway, the other stuff I've had from Lidl has always been ok the only thing I wondered was whether I could get the same thing cheaper elsewhere, I've looked on the typhoon direct website and can't find it

Stuartli 09:06 20 Mar 04

I don't think you will have any problems with the pen drive - it's a very handy method of transporting data.

You could also consider a Secure Digital memory card (about the size of a postage stamp) in combination with a 6 or 7 in 1 card reader/writer, which would be just as easy the carry around.

That's the way I do it or, alternatively, a multisession CD-R to keep small programs, utilities etc to update friends' systems.

Stuartli 11:36 20 Mar 04

Further to above, ebuyer (and no doubt others) is selling 128MB SD cards at £25 and 256MB versions for around £45-£47 - add a card reader and you will have both versatility and transportation ease, as the card could also be used in a digital camera using this type of flash memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…