TV/Radio Tuner Card, not getting channels.

Burtonswindow 23:20 06 Jun 03

Hello all,

Just bought a new computer with a built in TV/Radio FM card, plugged in the ariel but I can't get a reception at all (Television) I can get a Radio reception but no telly.
I am on Cable/Broadband and xp.

Is this a common prob ? and do I need some other equipment?

Hope someone can help, many thanks.

H-J 23:43 06 Jun 03

some cards install seperate multimedia video and multimedia audio, despite being only one device. probably need to update drivers.need more info, like what kind of card is it, but really this is a topic for the help room.

Patr100 15:50 07 Jun 03

It is most likely the aerial signal strength. Make sure the aerial is getting a good signal as your PC may be in a different place as your TV and so it may vary. if it's too weak then it will be difficult to pick them up with the inital scan.

SEASHANTY 16:05 07 Jun 03

I presume that you have read all the instructions on setting this up properly. You will at some point get a window asking you to "scan for channels" The UHF band channels 22 to 61 will then be progressively searched and any TV channels it finds will be logged. Most TV cards have to be set up in this way as your TV channels are different freqs for different parts of the country. FOLLOW the set up instructions for the card you have installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…