tv warranty

mimo 21:39 24 Jan 04

hello.i know this is not pc related but,i have noticed over the last year subjects regarding extended warranties...worth the money/not worth the money ?.the past week i have been searching for a widescreen tv.because of the price and the stanadard 1 year guarantee the extended warranty gives you some piece of mind.but at a cost.when i visited my local c***** and c**** i enquired about the price of these warranties.the price varies for 3 or 5 years,obviously making the set more buy or not to buy,i decided no.
this afternoon i visited john lewis.i was shocked to find that their full size tvs come with a free 5 year warranty.i was so surprised i asked a member of staff to confirm this,he did and i left with a nice tv and piece of mind.if one company can offer this free guarantee why cant others.
best regards

whatsupdoc 22:43 24 Jan 04

i always buy my electric stuff from my local asda superstore. i get a free 3yr warranty on most things. ive never had a problem taking things back, in fact last week my 32in tv had no sound, i phoned them up and took it back only to find their computers had gone down so they coulnt process the return and asked me if i would like to go to their other store 9 miles away and for my trouble they gave me a deisel voucher for 20 pounds.

Stuartli 09:27 25 Jan 04

..and one day, when you want your washing machine, hi-fi or similar product mended, you'll find that your local independent audio/visual/appliances outlet has shut down its workshop because many of its customers had gone the "buy it a little bit cheaper elsewhere" route.....

g0nvs 11:31 25 Jan 04

I have also bought electrical items from Asda because of their excellent warranty and no quibble guarantee. "So one day when I want my Washing machine, hi-fi or similar mended " I'll nip along to my nearest Asda and buy them from there.Not because it's cheaper but because of the no hassle warranty.Perhaps other retailers should take note.

Ranger 11:35 25 Jan 04

I think Asda have sropped doing the 3 year warranty because of the abuse of the system by some customers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…