TV on PC - too good to be true?

Young Ranger 16:15 12 Aug 06

I have found quite few web sites selling software that can be downloaded to you PC. The software enables you to watch satelite TV from your PC without a TV card or digi box. Prices vary but some are ridiculously low.

Is this as I suspect far too good to be true? What's the catch?

DieSse 16:38 12 Aug 06

1 - the only channels you will get are channels that are freely disatributed anyway.

2 - You can get the same thing free from the web - paying for it is just another scam. click here

3 - The quality is pretty poor - all being set up for relatively low line speeds, with very high compression.

There are a very few real pirate TV distributions, but these are not cheap, almost certainly copyright infringing, and are outside the remit of this forum

Young Ranger 17:03 12 Aug 06

Thanks for that. The link is interesting. I'm not quite sure what you mean about being outside the remit of the forum???

DieSse 17:20 12 Aug 06

*outside the remit of the forum???*

Things that involve illegal activities of any kind - such as piracy (copyright infringement in this case).

DieSse 17:21 12 Aug 06

Put ... free tv on pc ... into a google search and you'll get more links like the one I gave you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…