T.V & Monitor

Bilbe 11:14 18 Nov 05

I am looking to buy a 19 - 21 Inch LCD television that doubles up to be a monitor for my desktop pc tower. Can you please advice me on what i am looking for to ensure brilliance in both departments, both as a tv and computer screen and as well as should i indeed buy this product or does it work out cheaper and better in the long run to buy them separately? i have around £200 - £400 to spend. Thank You

Forum Editor 12:22 18 Nov 05

What you need to do is buy a Computer monitor, and then run a TV card in your computer, so you can watch TV - not the other way around.

Your budget is fine, and you'll have a wide choice of monitors

click here to see some.

Bilbe 12:32 18 Nov 05

But i wish to connect my xbox (with xbox live) and surround sound to the television. Therefore i would need a television?

Carbonara 12:38 18 Nov 05

My ProView 17" LCD monitor just failed a couple of days ago, went to PC World with a view to getting a 19" LCD monitor. Whilst looking at a Samsung 19" I noticed a 17" Samsung SyncMaster 710MP LCD TV/Monitor. 19" monitor was £189, 17" TV/Monitor was £199. I settled on the TV/Monitor, works perfectly in TV or PC mode. Scart connection allows Terrestrial Digital or Sky Digital feeds.

Bilbe 12:58 18 Nov 05

Thank you this is all helpful. I was also wondering what resolution you may think i would need?
If i am goin to spend a considerable amount of money i want to make the right choice, obviously a lcd screen is going to very clear on the watching tele side but as for running the computer through it i have never seen or expierenced this? is there any loss of quality when it comes to using a lcd for both wereas having them seperate?

Carbonara 13:04 18 Nov 05

Best way, probably the only way, is to go into a store like PC World or Currys etc. and check them out. You will also be able to view the Specs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…