Trying to transfer Broadband account, need advice.

Trev Pearson 21:34 30 Mar 06

I;ve been havibg major problems with my Broadband provider(Onetel). Wrong bills, wrong scheme, Direct Debits not collected, it goes on. I've had no response from head office despite three letters. The callcentre cannot/willnot sort things out. Onetel have now cut off my Broadband service.

I am trying to move everything back to BT. I've been succesful with my telephone service and line rental, however, Onetel refuse point blank to provide me with a 'migration code' so I can move my Broadband service to BT. BT in turn, can do nothing without this 'code.

I'm stuck fast. Can anyone advise me what I can do next?

I'm currently using 56k dial-up, but the speeds are so slow that it makes the Internet economically unviable for me. I need my Broadband back.

Trev

Forum Editor 22:19 30 Mar 06

"Onetel refuse point blank to provide me with a 'migration code'" which is rather puzzling - have they given you a reason for this?

De Marcus™ 22:41 30 Mar 06

If OneTel have refused to omit a migration code then there must be some kind of monetary dispute going on between you, and until that's resolved, you won't get any further with BT.

Trev Pearson 07:20 31 Mar 06

Yes there is a monetary dispute. They billed me for £100 (exactly £100) in addition to my normal monthly payment. I informed them I would not pay until I was given a reason for the £100. I've written to them 3 times with no response and the Callcentre just repeats the request for the £100, no explanation.

Looks like they've got me over a barrel.

Trev

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…