Trying to Get A Refund From Dabs.com

Motonick 11:43 18 Mar 05

I bought a soundcard and speakers from Dabs a few weeks ago. The items were from their Value range, so it probably serves me right. The plug for the speakers was damaged, the centre speaker did not work and no matter how i tried the soundcard crashed the pc everytime i switched it on. I went through their returns process and got a number etc. Parcel force collected the package 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. The only way to contact them is via e-mail which they seem to ignore. The visa compant say there is nothing they can do to help as I sent the goods back.

anyone else had the same problems and any idea of a fix

wiz-king 18:35 18 Mar 05

you can check if they got the parcel click here Not much else to do but wait and complain at regular intervals. Keep all letters and e-mails.

Jackcoms 20:47 18 Mar 05

"any idea of a fix".

Yes - be a little more choosy as to where you shop next time.

ade.h 20:50 18 Mar 05

Nothing new there, I'm afraid.

The best tack is to wait until the 30-day legal limit is a little bit nearer and write (via recorded delivery) to politely remind Dabs of its responsibilities. If you don't get that refund within 30 days of your original request for it, then contact your local Trading Standards office. I suspect, however, that you won't need to if your letter has the desired effect.

ade.h 20:50 18 Mar 05

Oh, and you may wish to follow Jackcoms' sagely advice!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…