Trusteer: Many on here say use it but

hatrickj 08:05 22 Sep 10

I have read a number of posts on PCA that recommend Trusteer, the security software that banks advise one to install.

However click here
advises against it. And by a member of another forum I was pointed to this extract
11 In these cases, a critical legal question that often arises is whether the thieves compromised the customer’s system or that of the bank’s. I mention this because Trusteer recently built a new component into Rapport called Flashlight, which tries to give partner banks the ability to remotely check to see if their customers’ systems are infected with malicious software. Whether the banks will proactively use that feature to stop online banking fraud is unclear, but such a feature would make it tougher for small and mid-sized businesses that lose money to online bank fraud to claim that their computers weren’t the sole cause of the loss 11

Would anyone like to comment further?

Mr Mistoffelees 11:40 22 Sep 10

The reviewer in your link, with reference to home users typed, "Nevertheless, I think Rapport would be a decent, low-impact addition to the security of any PC user banking online with Windows.". That does not seem to me to be advising against Rapport.

hatrickj 12:29 22 Sep 10

How do you view the extract I quoted then? However good it may be, does it give a bank wriggle room as suggested by the other forum's member?

Mr Mistoffelees 14:49 22 Sep 10

Clearly aimed at business users rather than home users.

hatrickj 16:42 22 Sep 10

The software or the link article?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…