Trust Rubbish

duplo 15:15 25 Feb 04

I have got a Trust Teleview for maplins. It does not appear to work properly, we have tried everything including an external power supply.

The web site lists no number or email help, after finally getting their head office I managed to get a number for their international help desk.

There I was finally connected to a rude assistant who spoke lousy english and could not understand what I was talking about, and proceded to tell me that I bought a lousy power supply and that I obviusly dont know what I am doing (I am doing a Msc in Computer science) and that its easy to get a 5V 500MA regulated power supply. Well, Maplin dont have a regulated one, and they dont think they could get one. He offed no helpful advice on the problem of where they sell this miraculous power supplies.

As a result I am fuming, and returning the product, I will never get a Trust product again.

spuds 16:31 25 Feb 04

Surprising, consdering that Trust have been around for a very long time, in fact you may have some other electrical/electronic product in your possession which as been re-badged under a different name and title, but comes from the same Trust manufacturing stable. As you have purchased your product from Maplin's, I am sure that they will only be too pleased to give you further advice and a replacement or refund.

Djohn 16:48 25 Feb 04

Agree with spuds, Trust products are usually excellent value for money and their warranty is very good too. Normally it's a three year warranty and you just take the product back to the shop for a no questions asked replacement or refund. j.

Stuartli 17:27 25 Feb 04

Funny that. Trust, for instance, rebadges Taiwanese digital cameras under its own name - one of its suppliers is/was the Minton Optical Company.....

Another example is its wireless keyboard and mouse combination - like my Thypoon equivalent it's a rebadged product from A4Tech.....

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:47 25 Feb 04

You need a 240v to 5v adapter, available from most outlets. Best thing to do is buy one that is AC/DC and has a range of voltages from 3 to 12v (Asda flog a good range....well three). According to Maplin's WS, this should have been supplied.

G

Stuartli 17:57 25 Feb 04

Finding regulated power adaptors is not as easy as it used to be - part of the reason in my area is that the Lloydtron/Eurosonics etc branded non-regulated type are priced at £1.99 at discount stores such as B and M and very little more elsewhere.

I use one for the portable radio I listen to in bed and it's still working splendidly after two years's use.

I do have a hefty regulated one that I acquired in 1989 with a Philips CD player - I use it exclusively with the Philips.

All I've had to do is replace the multi-socket lead once because the cable wiring was damaged by the flexing over the years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…