Troubles with Norton Security downloads

kirkietoo 12:36 06 Nov 03

Is anyone else having trouble with downloading Norton Antivirus programmes?

I downloaded one, which kept on asking me to activate the system each time I logged on. I wrote to Norton to complain, beyond an automatic response, nothing. Rang the number they suggested, no help either, but they gave me the name of the firm in England who deal with Norton Systems, wrote to them, nothing either.

As I have exceeded the amount of times I can activate the system, it has now refused to work at all.

Result I have paid for a faulty system and can get no reply let along redress from Norton.

Any other sufferers out there>

Kirkietoo

Gaz 25 18:52 06 Nov 03

Ohhhhh. Sorry to hear that. Seems Nortons Product activation is rubbish.

I have had several problems with Norton, yet there software is good, but not reliable.

I run Panda Antivirus: click here far more reliable.

Either that or Nortn 2003 is ok.

Gaz 25 18:57 06 Nov 03

I had once an unbootable system because of norton.

christmascracker 19:46 06 Nov 03

click here

Have a read here

gold 47 19:56 06 Nov 03

Change to AVG or Panda

kirkietoo 17:07 12 Nov 03

This is from Kirkietoo again.

One week further on, I have still had no answer from Norton.

Does anyone know if these is any phone number or any email address to do with Norton, where you can get some answer from them, not just an automatic answer, which tells you nothing.

My antivirus system, Norton 2004, sometimes works, even though I still have to activate it each time, and sometimes not. I appear to have no redress at all.

Thank you for the suggestion of using AVG or Panda, I may well do so, but I am still left with the problem that I have paid £40 to Norton for a download, which is faulty and which I can't get a refund on.

Kirkietoo

NORFOLK SPARKY 23:16 12 Nov 03

SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR PROBLEM opps sorry about capitals!A phone no in manual that came with my 2002 anti virus is (44) 20 7616 5813 address is Symantec ltd
Customer Service Centre
EMEA
po Box 5689
Dublin 15
Ireland
hope this may be of help

Andsome 08:39 13 Nov 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…