Troble with software company

Newuser1030 21:43 12 May 03

Has anyone else had troble with Spellsoftware.com. I ordered some software which duly arrived and found when I received my credit card bill and they had charged me twice for the same piece of software, 2 emails and 2 letters
later and still no reply??

Lone Crow 23:55 12 May 03

If you can't get a response from them approach your credit card company - they have a legal obligation to help you with this kind of problem and to refund you the duplicate payment if necessary (they then chase the company for it!). Don't take 'no' for an answer if they seem unwilling at first! Your local Trading Standards may also be interested, esp if they are familiar with the company already, but can give you good advice if nothing else.

spuds 00:42 13 May 03

I have tried to do a search re Spellsoftware, without much success. Can you give more contact information for this company.

Newuser1030 19:11 13 May 03

Try Spellsoftware.com, haven't tried today but could not bring up thier home page the other night. Thanx to lone Crow for the advice will try that one tomorrow.

spuds 23:57 13 May 03

Strange one this. I also tried to bring up their website the other evening, with no success. Having now tried a couple of times,I have managed to obtain their details. They seem to give plenty of contact information, so why not try one of the phones number shown. This hopefully will give you a better chance of a refund, if you are able to speak to someone about your concern.

Biggles no more 00:00 14 May 03

to be advertising software that does not exist!!

wee eddie 17:50 14 May 03

Spellsoftware have an advert in the current copy of PCA and therefore PCA have a vicarious liability here.

Although I am not quite sure at what level PCA have a liability.

Newuser1030 19:32 03 Jun 03

Thanks to all who replied, I am happy to report that the problem has been sorted although I had to resort to the local Trading Standards and my bank as even 3 phone calls faioled to produce the credit requested. So please be warned....keep an eye when ordering from this company.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…