A tremendous new ALDI deal on Notebook PC....

Gaz 25 19:23 19 Feb 04

Phwarr...

This is one nice baby.

Starting next thursday, it is £999 but look what you get:

3.06GHz Intel HyperThreading processor,

512Mb DDR Memory, upgradeable to 1Gb.

Nvidia GeForce FX5600 8x AGP with 128Mb DDR

15.1" High res. 1400x1050 SXGA+ screen

DVD Player/Burner/CD copier (yes a DVD burner)

3 in 1 card reader

Wireless Lan + RJ45 LAN

USB 2 and firewire

Smart Power battery Li-ION

Carry bag

+ nice bundle of software... + Norton Antivirus

In. Windows XP and and... and..... 24Month warranty with risk insurance.

Mayhem... I am having this one.

There is also a review in Computer active.

5 FULL STARS, but it ComputerActive... And the only cons were: Heavy and not that stylish and battery life wasnt great, but for the cost and performance man, who cares.

The WiFi card is not built in according to Computer active, its a seperate PCMICA card, but at least that means if it is not compatibe with your current WiFi set-up, or you dont have WiFi, then you dont have to have it.

Computer Active say it plays games to very good standrad, although will never beat a top-of the range PC but doh, we are talking about a LAPTOP here.

Happy buying....

Gaz.

whatsupdoc 19:42 19 Feb 04

at aldi . Ive never been tempted before by Aldis special offers, but I'm really tempted to ask him to put one by for me. hes offered in the past but Ive never had the money spare.

Gaz 25 20:05 19 Feb 04

Umm, I know.

Nice deal... Another camping night I think.

Gaz 25 20:09 19 Feb 04

Gericom is a german company, the leader in high performance laptops too.

rupie 23:19 19 Feb 04

I saw this offer is it too good to be true???
What do you do if you have a problem do you take it back to the shop and ask an assistant for help ??

Gaz 25 23:47 19 Feb 04

No a technical support line is avaliable at all times, and if it is faulty then it will be replaced in timely response.

Very attractive 2 year manufacturers warranty, with risk insurance, so if you break it it will be swapped out.

Gericom are supposed to make computers for F1 racers, therefore they have to be well built and all that.

Gaz 25 03:43 20 Feb 04

bump for early viewers.

thisisnighthawk 09:51 20 Feb 04

good grief, we have just had a leaflet put through the door about it, it seems to have it all, perhaps i could peel the name plate off, and stick dell, evesham,sony or toshiba on the front, no, on a serious note, it does seem very good.........the website is click here

Gaz 25 14:12 20 Feb 04

Gericom, as I said is supposed to make very good professional business laptops for F1 racers. So the computer is supposed to be substantial.

I have read the full review in Computer Active and it says other than being a little heavy and bulky and battery life isnt that much to boast about but your talking a laptop capable of playing games here, as it scored well in a 3D test apparantly. FX5600 Graphics card with an 8X bus. Amazing. Ok it wont suit the tastes of a Heavyweight gamer, but WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A LAPTOP HERE, this is not rubbsih for a laptop.

Even Computer Active said that it was the fastest notebook they have ever used, it also has a bundle of software and a CARRY BAG.

Seems too good to be true. And I have a sense of protection when it comes to the warranty, it seems good, with free risk and accident insurance for a FULL 2 years.

The laptop according to Computer Active is very much upgradeable too, the easiest is some more ram, just unscrew a hacth, slot more in and GO.

I am going for 1Gb man, this processor needs it.

It beats the compitition by far!!!!

I am also posting this early becuase then you guys know before its too late, you know what its like when these offers are on.

Good luck everyone!!!! ;-)

Gaz 25 14:16 20 Feb 04

Seems like its this one: click here

Gaz 25 16:22 20 Feb 04

Supprised you lot are not raving about this!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…