Travellodge Be warned

Kevscar1 07:33 01 Jul 10

Before booking check the parking and Facilities tag.

We didn't thinking that all hotels had their own carparks. Arrived at Cambridge Central to find they didn't and we had to pay £12.00 in the NCP car park.
Also room did not have opening window and the air conditioning couldn't cope.

morddwyd 07:49 01 Jul 10

Duly noted for future reference.

Thank you!

BT 08:29 01 Jul 10

Booked into a new Premier Inn in Norwich a while back. The brochure AND online said parking, but on arrival found that you had to use the public carpark next door. Not too much of a problem but to get the £1.50 overnight rate you had to park after 6pm and get out before 9.30am otherwise you got landed with an hourly charge.

Seems the online info has now been amended.

interzone55 17:11 01 Jul 10

Same with any of these cheap city centre hotels, they tend to off load their car parks to NCP to keep the room rates down.

At least you don't have to pay a nightly charge to watch the TV.

I checked the price of Easy Hotels for my last visit to London, they charge £5 a night for the TV. There's no kettle or hairdryer in the room, and you can't even use your own kettle or hairdryer because there's not enough power. Some of the rooms are internal so don't even have windows. Not staying there thank you very much...

cruiser2 20:31 01 Jul 10

Just stayed one night at Thornhill Lodge Guest House in Derby. Same price as a Premier Inn but no comparison in service, breakfast and room. There was an ironing board, a small kitchen if you wanted to cook your own evening meal and DVDs to watch in your own bedroom.
If you want to stay in Derby, check their web site as it shows some of the bedrooms.

Jameslayer 21:21 01 Jul 10

Cruiser small world I live 5 minutes walk from thornhill lodge.

sunnystaines 07:55 02 Jul 10

I think hotels are out of order charging their own guests for parking, we got caught like this a couple of years ago in the Imperial hotel in Torquay, never paid hotel parking before now always ask when checking out an hotel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…