Travel insurance query

VNAM75 23:50 13 Aug 08

3 weeks ago my mum wasn't able to take a flight to Sweden she booked and paid with easyjet because on the day before the flight she burnt her arm and had to see a doctor and get it bandaged.

My cousin arranged everything and has decided just now, after 3 weeks, to get me to try to see if we can claim a refund through the travel insurance policy, while she herself has gone on holiday - very convenient.

The insurance company is mondial I think. I've had a quick look and it says under personal injury claims you need evidence of injury, eg doctors note, photographs. My mum did get a doctors note but that has been posted off to sort out her benefits claim, and her injury has almost healed so I'm not sure if we can take a photograph.

Would my mum still be able to claim a refund?

spuds 00:02 14 Aug 08

Only Mondail (if they are the insurers) and the insurance policy would have the answer about making a claim. A doctors note, stating the severity of the injury and that your mother was unfit to travel would possibly convince the insurers.

I would also suggest that copies of any correspondence are always obtained, insurance companies can be very funny when claims are made.

VNAM75 00:10 14 Aug 08

spuds, the problem is my cousin has left it so late to sort out. If I'd known earlier, I would have made a copy of the doctors note. So now either my mum gets a new doctors note based on an injury she hasn't got anymore, or the doctor agrees to provide a copy of the original note. What a mess. I'll make sure she knows its all her fault if we cant claim the refund.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now