Transferring my PFC from AOL to new ISP

bloos 14:47 15 Jun 05

As a computer novice,can anyone tell me the best and simplest way to save and move all my e-mails and address book,from AOL to my new ISP,F2S?
I've saved all my Favourites to Linkagogo.com.Is their a similar solution for my PFC?
Cheers.

offthewall 23:27 25 Jun 05

Hi there,

As an AOL user for the past 5 years I had a similar problem when I had to clean out my whole OS and reinstall.
What I discovered then was that the AOL PFC is in it's own code that will not open in other applications. My solution was to stay with AOL.

As far as I could figure out, the only way to do this would be to go through saved messages, open them one by one and copy and paste them into Wordpad, or some other WP application where they can be saved as text.
A Canadian friend had the problem of her PC crashing totally, and asked if I could send a back-up of all mails sent and received over the pat year(both on AOL). I dis what I have just described and sent the whole history as a 'word doc'.

bloos 10:02 27 Jun 05

many thanks for your interest and advice.

bloos 10:03 27 Jun 05

many thanks for your interest and advice.

HondaMan 19:29 27 Jun 05

Yes there is a way to do it. You need ePreserver from click here. You have to pay for it but it works, I know, I've used it.

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…