Gerfy 18:18 25 Aug 03

Hello, Im new here, but have been a reader of PC Advisor for a few years now.
I have recently upgraded my computer buying all my components from and, both of which I am very impressed with. However, 11 days ago, I bought a Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro from I was promised next day delivery, but it still hasnt arrived. There is only an email address for this company and no telephone details on the ad in PCA magazine, and when I go to the site, (, it is useless as apparenty it is coming soon. Can anyone help with this dilemma?

Thankyou, and sorry for making this thread so long!

lodger 18:56 25 Aug 03

In your situation, first thing I would do is cancel the order, and of course cancel the payment if possible.

wee eddie 19:15 25 Aug 03

I would not wish to do down a new company, but how did you communicate with them?

Just the one email, with your Credit Card details in it?

Gerfy 19:21 25 Aug 03

I bought the product online via the online store. The payment can be cancelled if necessary, and I have no way of tracking the order. Go to click here to see what i mean.

wee eddie 19:24 25 Aug 03

Not in PCA. Where did you see it?

Gerfy 19:34 25 Aug 03

its in PCA issue 96 August 2003, pages 134-135

powerless 19:37 25 Aug 03

They have chnaged there site 2 times (that i know of). It now looks like a third change is coming.

How did you pay for the G-card?

Gerfy 19:41 25 Aug 03

it was paid for by mastercard credit card. Why would they change the site so much?

spuds 20:30 25 Aug 03

The website doesn't look very informative. As you obtained the initial details from the PCA magazine, why not drop an email to the advertising manager for further assistance.I would also contact my credit card company, and check if payment as been requested and by whom. Inform them of your concern.

I would never divulge any of my credit card details to any company, unless I knew they had a good track and customer care record, and one that gave full contact and trading details.

wee eddie 20:44 25 Aug 03

So you should be covered by your Credit Card's security guarantee

Gerfy 20:47 25 Aug 03

ok thanks for the help, I thought Trade Price would have been ok, but the payment can be stopped. I really want that graphics card though, cant get it anywhere else

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…